We all love a visit from the Easter bunny and so does your dog!
Easter seems to always creep up on us and this year is no different, so we turned to our trusty ice moulds to whip up these very quick and easy Easter dog treats.
If you're like us and lack the time but still want to make this coming weekend special for all members of the family, four legged included, look no further and give these treats a try!
Carob Jewels Dog treats
- carob buttons
- coconut oil
- peanut butter, frozen berries or anything you want to hide inside the treat and is safe for your pet to eat.
- Melt 1/2 cup of carob buttons. It is a good amount to start with if you're not sure how much carob you'll need for your moulds.
- To melt, you can use the microwave or a bain-marie. If you're using the microwave, select the lowest setting and be sure to stir and check regularly (30sec increments). We prefer using bain-marie as it gives us more control for the chips to melt evenly.
- Once melted, add 15ml of coconut oil and whisk. You can add more coconut oil to thin out your mixture and make it easier to pour.
- Fill in your mould half way and place a berry or dollop of peanut butter. Continue filling to the top.
- Place in the freezer overnight.
These treats can be enjoyed by humans and fur friends alike.
Time to hide some in the garden and go for an Easter hunt!
Happy Easter everypawdy!
The Doggy Grub blog is dedicated to help dogs and their owners achieve happier, healthier lives, changing the way we feed our dogs one bowl at a time! If you would like to know more about our fresh food head to Doggy Grub